Wednesday 25 April 2012

Refining the making process




This week I have been refining a couple of the forms that have developed during the course of the residency. I have been playing around with textures in the bases and combining this with thrown and assembled sections. The textures in the bases of these pieces include spaghetti and assorted wall paper patterns. I'm very interested in the roles of women as homemakers and I am exploring the relationship between the choice of textures and creating a reference to domesticity.

From a visual/form perspective I have been experimenting with the shape of the rims, I am liking the chunky ridged edge compared to the fine rim - has a sturdy robust feel to it compared to the latter. I'll be interested to hear any thoughts or comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment